Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Thank you Lord

I thank the Lord for protecting me today. While I was at work I was nearly run over by an SUV. We were tapping the gas main and my job was to stand by the fire extinguisher in case something caught on fire. We had safety cones on the road and I was kneeling/sitting just on the other side of them. As I was concentrating on the gas main I suddenly heard some noises in behind me. I thought that it was a car backfiring or something and thought that it might ignite the gas. I threw myself away from the road and sometime immediately before or after a cone hit me from behind. The vehicle went whizzing by. Only then did I realize how close it had come to hitting me. It was probably within one to two feet of hitting me. That not that close when you are thinking person to person but a vehicle going down the road at 30-40 miles an hour. I am thankful that He protected me.

No comments: