Monday, April 23, 2007

Good Services

Well, it has been over a week since I have posted so I figured that I should probably get around to it. I have been reading about great youth conventions going on across the country and am looking forward to ours this weekend.
In local news, we had some good services Sunday. We had some out, for various reasons, but the Spirit was present. I felt the Lord's guiding in both of the sermons. Sunday evening, I ending up falling asleep with Anna while I was intending on working on the message. I ended up waking up about 15 mins. before service, due to a phone call I think. But, God blessed and directed anyway. He never ceases to amaze me, how in my lack, He continually makes up the difference and more.
Sunday evening, I preached on how the blind men in the Bible, outside of Jericho, cried out to Jesus for Him to have mercy on them. The multitude then tried to quite them, but they refused to let Jesus pass by without receiving what they needed. They began to cry out all the more the scripture tells us. Then Jesus had compassion on them and healed them. Church, we must refuse to be silenced when crying out to Jesus. Let us cry out to Him, that He would take us deeper, and give us a burden for the lost souls out there. The harvest plenty, but the laborers are few. Oh Lord, help us to labor. Help us to cry out for the lost.

No comments: