Sunday, September 23, 2007

One more week behind us.

Thank the Lord for helping us make it through this week. I have been working more than I like in my secular job, thus limiting my time in other areas. But the Lord will help me. I reached the quarter century mark this past week. Thursday I turned 25! Wow, I am getting old! HAHA!! I didn't get home until 6:30 and then had to get ready for church. I got there about 10 min. late because I got a little side tracked. After service they had cake and ice cream for me. So it turned out alright.
Yesterday I had a little bit of relaxing time. We went to Kelley's grandparents. While everyone else watched football and talked,I just curled up with a book. Also, some friends of ours from out of state were in town and stopped by to see us for a little while. It was good to see them since we hadn't seen them for about two years.
This morning we had a young lady show up that hadn't come for quite a while. She had come to a couple of services with her daughters a few months back, but we hadn't seen her for a couple of months and had been unable to reach her at home when we tried to stop by and visit. She showed up unexpectedly this morning with her son. The girls were with some other family members, but it was good to see her after all this time, especially since we had changed locations. Kelley had sent her a card last week so we thank the Lord for the positive result.
I feel that we had a good service tonight. I started things a little different as I jumped straight into preaching after the opening prayer. I felt lead to preach on worship and felt that it would be best to cover it, before we actually got into worshiping. It seemed that everyone received it well. We are looking to see great things this year. To God be all of the praise, honor, and glory. Amen.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

just saying hey. So, hey.