Monday, May 19, 2008

Going Good

Things seem to be going pretty good around here. We had a great service Thurs. night. Then after work Friday I was able to work some more on the front of our house. I was out there until 10 pm. but was finally able to get some more done. Sat. I got up a little after 8:00 a.m. and went and got Katherine and then we came back to the house and got Kelley and Anna and took the wagon and walked down to the bakery downtown and got donuts for breakfast. We are glad that we have a little bakery close to our house, especially one that is close enough to walk to. Of course, for us, "close enough to walk to" is a relative phrase. Kelley regularly walks a couple of miles or so a day. And we have no problem walking to Burger King, which I believe is about a mile away. The bakery is much closer. And fresh donuts are great! I spent the rest of the morning after we got back talking to our neighbor and then playing with the girls in the backyard. I set up the tent and they played in that for a while. Later, I took care of some stuff in the garden, and then scraped the paint/paint remover, off of the section that I got done the night before.
We had a good Sunday as well. I preached Sunday morning on Universal Health care. The Bible outlines the ultimate universal health care plan. His name is Jesus! After church, we walked up to BK for lunch.
Today I finally got off of work at 4:00 pm for once. I came home and Anna is dying to go outside, but it is raining and cool so it will not be happening. She loves being outside, but sometimes it just isn't possible.
Hope that you are doing well, where ever you are at.

God bless

No comments: