Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Goodbye Easy life!

Well, I guess that I can say goodbye to the easy life. And that is not just a reflection of newly becoming a father. For the past 4 1/2 weeks I have been laid-off from my secular day job. I received word today that I will be starting back Monday morning. In addition, at least 3 out of 4 of the next weekends I will have to be going out of town for at least part of the weekend. This weekend, we will be taking our first "long" trip since the baby. We will be headed to Evansville to have service and visit with the Loyas. It has been Dec. 30 since I have been there. We look forward to seeing them. This will be the first time that Kelley has gone with me. It will be Anna's first car ride over 45 min. Hopefully, if we time the feedings right, everything will go smoothly. We plan to meet up with some friends other than the Loyas as well. Afterwards, we are planning on stopping by some friends' house that we have not seen for several months. So, it will probably be a very tiring day for Kelley and Anna. It will be nice, in some ways, not to be driving for that long by myself. Please pray that we have a safe trip and that I don't drive Kelley crazy.
Over the next few weeks, we have district convention, a youth event at our house, possibly one more trip to Evansville for me, and possibly a trip to Cincinnati for a church event at our "adopted" family's church. I am also planning on ramping up my visiting. I have not done very good at getting out for a while.
All of this will be culminated by Easter. I anticipate having a large crowd because 1)baby dedication and 2)Easter. We will be renting an auditorium at a local college. This will create some extra work, ok actually a lot of extra work. But, I highly doubt we could fit everyone here at the house, where we normally have service. I still have to work out if we are going to have an Egg hunt and where to have it. Hopefully, I will get things ironed out with everyone tomorrow night as to whether or not we are going to have it. Then I can work Friday on making arrangements for it.
It is a shame that I have had all this time off and not gotten very much, if anything done, and now that I have to go back to work, everything needs to be done. Oh well, that's how it goes I guess.
May the Lord bless and keep you.

No comments: