Saturday, March 10, 2007

Long Day

Well, I thank the Lord that He got us through the day safely. Today was little Anna's first of many all day travel for Church. We left for Evansville at 7:00 a.m. this morning to meet with the Loya's and have service with them. After arriving we spent some time visiting with them as I had not seen them in about 2 months and it had been longer for Kelley. Plus, this was the first time they had seen Anna. We read through the Sunday School lesson with them. We had one visitor, one of their son's friends who happened to stop by and wanted to play some basketball. Bro. David was quick to invite him to come to our upcoming District Convention as well as get him to stay for the Sunday School lesson. Bro. David and his family are very good and being outgoing and reaching out to the people around them. They are not afraid to invite people to church, no matter what the circumstances. Please pray for the work in this area. The one family that had shown a lot of interest is moving to Texas, so it has kind of been a little bit of a disappointment. But, I believe the Lord is working in other areas there in Evansville. I see good promise of things to come.
We were delayed leaving Evansville for a couple of hours due to a possibly bad situation, but thank the Lord after we left, we received a call letting us know that everything had turned out ok.
We then stopped to eat at a very good Amish Buffet Restuarant. They had the BEST homemade bread. And it went perfectly with all the other wonderful food they had. That is not even talking about all the desserts(peach cobbler, cherry cobbler, blackberry(I think) cobbler, as well as a number of different cakes, and several different kinds of pies.
We then headed down the road and stopped off at some friends' house, whom we had not seen for a number of months. It was good to spend time visiting with them.
Finally, we headed home and arrived at 10:00 p.m. That praying you did, Sis. Tammi, must have worked, because both Kelley and Anna did very good. There were a couple of times when I though Kelley would be ready to call it quits for the day, but she kept plugging along, and although tired, seemed to feel pretty good. Anna didn't fuss very much at all, until just a few min. before we got to our friends house, and for a few min. after we left their house. Hopefully, she can do just as good next weekend when we head back to S. IN for District Conv. and hopefully, to visit a few more friends if they are home.
Well, I guess, I better be done for now, and try to get to bed earlier than last night in case Lil' One decides that she wants to be up at 4:00 a.m. again.

1 comment:

Momma Tammi said...

Praise the Lord! I am so glad that you guys had safe travels and that God blessed Kelley with the energy to make the trip and blessed Anna with the patience to take such a long car ride. I am also thrilled to hear that you had good fellowship along the way. God is so good to us!